Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Co. Ltd., shortened as IVM, is a Nigerian automobile and bus manufacturing company.
Automilas.com presents “10 things You Need To Know About The Automaker, Innoson”.
- Innoson is Nigeria’s first indigenous automobile manufacturing company, which was founded in the year 2007.
- It was founded by Innocent Chukwuma.
- The founder of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) was a spare part trader.
- Innocent Chukwuma pioneered the first Made-in-Nigeria Motorcycle brand that sold for as low as N60, 000.
- By year 2002, he had successfully driven out tokunbo (foreign-used) motorcycles out of Nigeria.
- 70% of the company’s car parts are produced locally while the rest is being imported from Japan, China and Germany.
- All of the company’s vehicle production has been manual but plans to upgrade to automated production is in place.
- One of the main purpose of the company is to eradicate “Tokunbo” (foreign used) automobiles from Africa.
- The company first cars were the IVM Umu, IVM Umu and IVM Uzo manufactured at the company’s Nnewi plant in Anambra State, South east Nigeria.
- All Innoson motors comes with a 3 years engine, axles and gear warranty.